Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reviving an old hobby from childhood











My business has slowed down with the economy and holidays, so I decided to think about things that I loved doing that I could fill my time with... ever since I saw the movie "Hildago", I've been wanting to get a horse. After researching the costs of boarding and feeding a horse, I put it at the back of my mind. Then one day while searching Craigs List I came across an ad for a horse rescue organization that was looking for people to help care for and excercise their horses. So I called the person in charge and am getting involved. Yesterday was the first day, feeding, scooping and blanketing the horses. Saturday I hope to be able to take the "gentle" one to the arena and take him for a spin. Photos to follow....hopefully of me in a full gallop and not brushing myself off from an unexpected rodeo move!

3 comments:

Julie said...

now THAT'S something I would LOVE to do once the kiddos are all in school!!!!!! Way to go! (and you are WAYY older...look at your almost vintage photos-HA!)

nevadanista said...

That's so cool jenn! I didn't know you liked horses until you mentioned it the other day. Nice pics - you look like Stephanie. Or is it the other way around?

Twinlinebackers said...

A dream come true! My lifelong goal is to have a best friend with a horse. That would be close enough. I would love to get involved in that. Take the horse for a gallop for me!