Sunday, April 19, 2009

Exploring Where We Live...Seattle Sights




It was a beautiful Saturday day, A was out with her friends, I had just come home from an all morning service project and E and r were moping around the house. I was thinking of all the things I needed to do, but the sunny day was calling my name too. I decided to take r, E and E's friends to a new place we've never explored.....FREMONT, a suburb of Seattle that's known for it's artsy community and tattoos. (We opted out on the tatoos!)


First stop....Gas Works Park, over looking Lake Union and the "Sleepless in Seattle" house.




There are old gas storage containers and wheels and sockets, a great place for photos. And what do 14 year old girls like to do.............take photos! Note the sign "Keep off of structure" another thing 14 yr. old girls don't like to do, follow rules. Ha!




On to the walking tour of Fremont....with Lonely Planet Seattle guide book in hand.

Stop #1- Cold War Rocket that was never launched and needed a home.
Stop #2- A Statue of Lenin....taken from a European dump and the owner didn't have a buyer, so Fremont let him put it here until it's sold for $150,000, no takers yet, it's been over 40 years.
One more thing teenage girls like....."Vintage" stores. I guess I'm "vintage" most of the stuff was from my grandmother's house or my teenage years.
Stop #4- Vintage Stores




Stop #5- Troll Avenue..........and the Troll Under the Bridge............














3 comments:

carlen said...

looks like fun! it's been years since i've been to gasworks!!! and your r is looking all grown up, too! what is happening to our little boys??? tanner's bridge ceremony is tomorrow night!

WaMommy said...

Fun!! I was in Fremont Saturday too (for a conference) and loved exploring the area.

nevadanista said...

That looks like a great time, hanging out with Lenin, etc.. And what a perfect place for a cold war rocket! I love r's hair a little long like that.