r and I decided to take the "Wild Wicklow Tour", the only thing wild about it was the wild ride I took when I slid on some wet turf and fell flat on my bottom. I'm still feeling the effects of the fall and I couldn't get the grass stains out of my pants, let's just pretend they're grass stains. Ha!
As we traveled to Wicklow we stopped at a fishing village just out of Dublin named "Dulkey".
As we traveled to Wicklow we stopped at a fishing village just out of Dublin named "Dulkey".
r overlooking the Lach Tay (Lake Tay) and the Guinness heir's estate. This is where I took a spill, just about over the hill.


Glendalough Round Tower and Monastery
Over 900 years of learning took place at this monastery. St. Kevin founded a monastery here to help convert all the pagans that lived in Ireland. It was destroyed by Anglo-Norman invaders in the 14th century, but there are a lot of remains still here. The grave yard is very picturesque and the round tower of 130ft. still stands. It's a must see in this area!

The round tower is in the distance. There is a nice walk to the lower and upper lakes of Glendalough. It was a nice break from riding on the bus for an hour.


The oldest Celtic cross in Europe stands in this cemetery, 600 years old. A bit o'history on the Celtic Cross. It's not recognized by the Catholic church. It is a cross with a circle behind it. The circle is the sun, that was created by the converted pagan worshippers.


This is the entrance to the Monastery. If you touched the stone and made a wish it would come true...r's already came true he said. I think it had something to do with lots of candy.

We ate lunch at an Irish Pub. r discovered how yummy Irish mashed potatoes are! They call them "mash". r was the mash king. He loved the bread and steamed veggies too. r mostly ate at Burger King and McDonalds while there.

1 comment:
Oh the jealousy!!!!!! r looks to be having a wondeful time, but what's with eating Burger King and McDonald's while overseas???
Post a Comment